Welcome to the Forum! (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Welcome to the Forum!
Toffe (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 13 Years ago Karma: 7  
Hmm.. I looked at it and you're right. I'll look into it and see if I can solve it. It will be a few until I get the time though. Thanks for letting me know.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
DJH (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0  
Having stumbled across this site after researching the alto guitar, I thought I'd introduce myself.
A guitarist (on and off) since 1989, I've only been studying the classical guitar with a teacher for the last two years. I studied musical instrument technology at London Guildhall University and after various changes of direction I now work in a music store in Lausanne, Switzerland. I'm currently re-building my tool collection with a plan to begin making instruments again, although at the moment it is going to have be in my 'spare' time.
The music of the renaissance and the baroque periods has always held a big attraction for me (over the romantic and classical) and I've been harbouring the idea of learning to play the lute for a while. I discovered the 11-string alto through Gran Sllscher's CDs and I hope to aquire an 11-string sometime (I'd build one, but since I've never even held one, I'd like to get to know the character of the instrument before embarking on that journey !).
This forum looks friendly and full of potential. I'm looking forward to our exchanges.

Dominic

Toffe (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 12 Years ago Karma: 7  
You are so welcome here!
There's plenty of nice players here. Enjoy your stay, make this place yours.

ninjasan (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 3  
Hello,
I joined the forum (thank you for this website) after a long time reading everything about altoguitar here and in the previous group at yahoogroups.

My name is christophe han, I leave in France, and my interest in altoguitar is growing every day.

What a marvelous instrument, and I here seems the right place to speak about it, and about music of course.

Thanks to everybody willing to share his knowledge.

English is not my natural language, and I apologize in advance if I hurt someone.

Friendly yours

christophe

paltieri11 (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0  
Hey guys i am new here also.....based in NYC.....intermediate in classical and working on progressive rock on the side....Rush is my favorite band and Bach on classical...well hi to everyone!

best,
Pablo

tenvec (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:Welcome to the Forum! 10 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 1  
Nice to have two new members.
If you like renaissance and baroque, the alto is well suited to playing these genres.
If you were not aware already, many published transcriptions of renaissance music are "positional", i.e., if you play them on an alto as though playing a standard guitar, the key will return to the original. They will sound much brighter. For baroque, if you drop the key a minor third, and perform similarly on an alto, you will get the original key, played low on the fret board.
All the best, James.

Go to top Post Reply