Forum
12- string altoguitar, Georg Bolin (1980) for sale (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 1
TOPIC: 12- string altoguitar, Georg Bolin (1980) for sale
jonbur (User)
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
12- string altoguitar, Georg Bolin (1980) for sale 5 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0  
The altoguitar "Liljevidunder" was specially built for me by maestro Georg Bolin in 1980. I ordered a 12 sting altoguitar instead of the ordinary 11 string because i played a lot of music written for the 13 course baroquelute, Silvius Leopold Weiss, and music originally written for the archlute, Kapsberger, Melii da Reggio etc. The guitar has one extra basstring tuned A or A flat.

I have used the instrument during my studies and professionally as a performing artist until 1996 when a stopped giving concerts.

Mostly i have used the instrument to play elisabethan music and italian renaissance music like John Dowland and Francesco Da Milano and it suites very well playing chamber music, elisabethan songs and continuo.

The instrument is in good condition but has not been much played the last 16 years. It has a beautiful sound, good sustain and it is quite strong compared to other instruments built by Georg Bolin.

The top is european spruce and the back and sides are built in a light brazilian rosewood. Of course this instrument is very unique, Georg Bolin only built a few 12 string altoguitars, so i don´t want to sell the instrument to cheap (around 3000 euro). If you are interested, i can send you some photos.

Of course, if you want you can always come to Sweden and try the instrument (Eskilstuna is 1 hour from Stockholm by train).

If you´re interested, please send me an e-mail This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Wery best wishes!

Jonas Burman

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply