Re:Questions for inteviews (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Questions for inteviews
Toffe (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Questions for inteviews 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 7  
Thank you guys, for the questions. Keep'em coming.
I have no idea when I'll be able to pull this thing off.

Maybe I'll try to start by getting an interview with Peder, since he live in the same city as I. His knowledge is like a bottomless well. So I think it might be some good reading there...

Also, just as a teaser. I finally got in contact with the publishers of Per-Olov Jonssons alto guitar book. They will be able to ship internationally. I'll get back on the issue later tonight or tomorrow.

As for the issue of tuning. I think we have a thread open about that, let's try to keep that discussion there. So it'll be easier for people coming here to see it - I think that's a big topic and ther'es alot to learn about it. I remember Peder had some really nitersting thoughts on tuning. I will of course have that in the interview.

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
tenvec (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:Questions for inteviews 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
Looking forward to the information on Jonssons book!
James.

tenvec (User)
Platinum Boarder
graph
Re:Questions for inteviews 11 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1  
Christoffe,
As to an interview question, tuning an 11s alto for the Bach "lute" suites and the general issues these suites raise, would be widely welcome. Also, advice on arranging would be helpful. For example, the advice I gave in the PDF for tuning as an 11c baroque lute, that if one keeps the tuning in G, one can drop the key signature three semi-tones, is useful for flat keys, which often occur in lute music, but does not work so well when dealing with sharp keys. Thus, the common tuning for the baroque lute is Dm(re mineur), but tuning in D(re majeur) can be found. Dropping a key of D a minor third gives B(si majeur) which has 5 sharps, can be played but is awkward. One must therefore choose a nearby key, advice on best choice would be helpful.
As to instruments, any views on alto guitars with 13/14 strings and their role.
James.

Go to top Post Reply