Re:Updating - what do you want? (1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottom Post Reply Favoured: 0
TOPIC: Re:Updating - what do you want?
Toffe (Admin)
Admin
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
Updating - what do you want? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 7  
Over the next few weeks I'm planning to migrate and upgrade the site. This is mostly to get a more modern and secure system.

But this will give me the chance to add new features to the site. Amongst other things I will try to add forum insight, so that you'll get a tab on your profile with your forum activities gathered.

Are there anything you are missing?
Functions, features, design etc.

If you have the ideas I might be able to fix it.

// Christoffer, admin

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
tommyollie (User)
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Updating - what do you want? 8 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 2  
Christoffer,
I pretty much like the site as it is - it is a much better design than the yahoo 10 string forum. There are maybe a couple of possible improvements:

1. Posting an image in a post can be problematic if the image is too big and can result in frequent duplicate posts. I got the hang of it in the end but it would be better if images could be optimized for this site automatically. For example Ebay seems to automatically adjust size.

2. In the downloads section I really like the idea that files link to a thread - it allows users to thank the provider and discuss pieces or performances etc. As the site grows and more and more arrangers start uploading pieces it might become difficult to find pieces so it may be useful to have a list of pieces organized according to composer, title etc that links each piece back to the thread for downloading.

Bill

Report to moderator   Logged Logged  
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
Go to top Post Reply